Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Simple Act Of Kindness

Year's ago my mom hand stitched a saying that was framed and hung in our kitchen. The colors of yarn were deep, rich and beautifully woven through the cloth with words that read:
                                  
                                          Try
                                          A
                                          Little
                                          Kindness

As a child all I saw at the time was a pretty picture with words that said, "Try A Little Kindness."
Year's later I was looking at this same picture that had been hung in a different location only what my eyes focused on was the word T A L K. I realized that in my mother's way she was encouraging us to speak kind words to each other.

Be the one who has a friendly smile and a kind word for anyone around you. Imagine how the world would shift if everyone practiced this simple act of kindness!